If you’re confident enough with two-deck mixing, then maybe it is time for you to find the best 4-channel DJ controller you can get. There are numerous options on the market, and many of them make claims that often fall far from reality.
Moreover, there is nothing worse than buying a product that doesn’t meet its manufacturer’s claims. To help you find the best 4-Channel DJ Controller, we’ve tested some devices and review the top five of them.
This is our take on the five best 4-Channel DJ Controllers:
1. Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB3 Controller
- Large jog wheels with near-zero latency
- Intuitive design and feature layout
- Crystal-clear audio out and microphone input
- Pad scratch (with bpm sync)
- FX Fade transition feature – smooth
- Built out of high-quality materials
- Built-in Serato sound card
Pioneer has always managed to impress audiophiles with their high-quality products, and the DJ DDJ-SB3 is not at all any different. It comes with large jog wheel with almost no latency as well as a crisp-clear built-in sound card.
You also have a pad scratch that features popular scratches recordings that are synchronized with the bpm of the playing track. With the FX Fade transitioning feature, you can be sure to keep the party going smoothly. Perfect for beginners that are interested in mixing with Serato.
2. Numark Mixtrack Platinum Controller
- Multifunctional pads
- Built-in sound card
- Comes with Serato DJ Lite
- Jog wheels have display build into them
- Crisp-clear microphone input
- Two-channel mixer with four-deck mixing capability
- A great set of effects
- Sensitive 100mm pitch slider
The Mixtrack Platinum DJ controller is one of Numark’s specials — a not so premium and expensive version of the NS6II. It comes with 16 multi-functional pads and a great collection of FX features while the 100mm sensitivity pitch slider ensures that BPM matching is always perfect.
The Mixtrack comes with its own built-in soundcard that has an amazing sound quality — both as output and input. In the middle, you will see a two-channel mixer that has 4-deck mixing capabilities. The device is perfect for both beginners and professionals who want the best mobile and inexpensive DJ controller.
3. Gemini GV Series G4V Controller
- 40% More expensive than DDJ-SB3 and Mixtrack Platinum
- 4-channel mixer
- Highly sensitive and large jog wheels
- Multifunctional pads
- Build-in audio card
- Each deck has 4 rotary controls and 8 pads
- Inputs include AUX and RCA (line)
- Outputs include balanced XLR and RCA (master)
The Geminin GV Series G4V comes with a 4-channel mixer instead of a two-channel one with 4-deck mixing capabilities. That is great, especially if you’re looking to progress to mixing properly 4 decks. The G4V features decks with quite large and sensitive jog wheel as well as eight pads and four rotary controls each. The pads are multifunctional. Besides the listed inputs above, the G4V features additional RCA booth output with dedicated volume control and Front ¼” Headphone Output. Overall, a great device but slightly costly for non-professionals.
4. Behringer CMD Studio 4a Controller
- Built-in audio card with 24-bit converters
- Features a 2-channel mixer with 4-deck mixing capability
- With a 4-channel audio interface with ultra-low latency
- 6-inch highly sensitivity jog wheels
- Includes Deckadance* LE DJ software voucher
- Compatible with Traktor, Serato Scratch Live, Ableton Live
- Works with MIDI-compatible programs
- Crystal-clear audio output
- Great for beginners and non-professionals
If you’re not aiming to be a professional and just want something to use for entertainment, then maybe the CMD Studio 4a by Behringer is exactly what you’re looking for. It features a two-channel mixer with four-channel mixing capability. The four-channel audio interface has ultra-low latency and converts the audio to a sample rate of 24-bit. With the package, you will find included a Deckadance* LE DJ software as well as all accessories needed to just plug and play!
5. Numark NS6II Professional Controller
- Includes the full version of Serato DJ Pro
- Each 6-inch jog wheel has a 2-inch display
- 6-inch jog wheel
- Touch-capacitive knobs
- Dual-USB ports for handoffs
- Digital mixer with two phono/line inputs
- Pad Scratch (with bpm sync)
- Features Stereo XLR, Master RCA, and Booth RCA outputs
- 100mm pitch fader
Last, but definitely not the least is the Numark NS6II professional DJ controller. Of course, it comes with a lot more features and Serato DJ Pro. This beauty comes with two UBS ports to allow you for easy and fast DJ handoffs. It also comes with a digital mixer which has two phono/line inputs that can be mixed without the need for software. You can also save custom scratches to the Pad Scratch tiles. If it weren’t for its high price, this beast would have definitely ranked as the#1 best 4-channel DJ controller.